As a mom it’s so easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed. Let’s be real, being a mom is the hardest job in the world. And the most rewarding. That endless list of things to do, our worries for our children, and the weight of others that we carry with us can become too much.
As moms we are also our own worst enemy.
The self doubt and mom guilt.
Negative thinking and self talk can consume the thoughts in our heads. We are what we think and speak, which is why repeating positive affirmations daily is a powerful skill for transforming our reality.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are phrases that aim to affect the conscious and subconscious mind.
The words that create the affirmation bring up related mental images into the mind, which inspire and motivate us. Repeating affirmations affect the subconscious mind, which in turn, influences the behavior, habits, actions and reactions.
Do affirmations work?
Positive affirmations for moms work! They can be used to help us create the environment, self, and future that we really want. Even if they don’t seem to be working at first.
“Fake it until you make it” is a quote for a reason!
Consider this an experiment in self care.
What are the benefits of positive affirmations?
There are so many benefits to positive affirmations. Here are just a few of them:
- HELPS YOU TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
- BOOSTS SELF CONFIDENCE
- CREATES POSITIVE BELIEFS
- MOTIVATES YOU
25 Affirmations for Moms
- I will make the most out of today.
- I am doing an amazing job.
- I am exactly what my child needs.
- I have enough patience for my children today.
- I am giving my child the best possible future.
- I know what is good for my child.
- I am taking good care of my family.
- I make a difference in my family’s life.
- My family sees the best in me.
- Bad days don’t make bad moms.
- I am my child’s safe space.
- I am so grateful that my children are always listening to me.
- It is okay to take time for myself.
- I am becoming a better mom everyday.
- I don’t need to justify my parenting choices to others.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I am enough.
- I admire my body for creating a life.
- I can handle anything life throws at me.
- I am worthy.
- I love myself exactly as I am and will no longer expect perfection in order to love myself.
- I have the strength to remain calm.
- It is okay if I can’t do everything.
- I will let go of how I think today is suppose to go and accept it as it comes.
- I am a badass mom!
These affirmations may feel silly to say. The thing is to keep saying them to change your inner dialogue. Meditation along with saying a few of these sentences will start to help you feel better about yourself and the environment around you. Remember from my previous blog post, self care is the best gift you can give yourself and your kids. Then you will be parenting from a place of calm and love instead of stress and negativity.